Monday, January 14, 2013

Little Miss Whitney Ashley



Our Sweet Little Whitney came to our family on 12-12-12. We are so happy to have her with us. She completes our family even more. She has been so sweet and pretty easy. She has been sleeping so well. The first two nights were hard but since then she has only gotten up once a night on average. That has been a blessing because Preslee is still running us tired during the day. 




A week before my due date my doctor asked me that IF I go overdue what day would I want to be induced. I said that 'the 12th would be really cool'. So he called the hospital and arranged for me to be called in that day if I hadn't had our babe yet. My due date rolled around (the 10th) and rolled away without Whitney coming. I wanted to have her on the 12th so bad that I started stressing about the labor and delivery unit being too full for me to be called in. I know last year on 11-11-11 the unit was so full of moms that somehow put themselves into labor so they could have their babes on that day. So I was worried there would be no room for me.... and plus I was ready not to be large and round anymore. I wanted to be comfortable.
The night before Whitney came to our family I was at Mutual with the youth in our ward. We went on a hay ride and went caroling to homes in our ward boundaries. Matt pulled us around on his four wheeler. My Young Women wanted to hold Preslee on the trailer so I sat with Matt on the four-wheeler. It was a bumpy ride. I was hoping that it would put me into labor on my own. That way I would ensure a spot in labor in delivery. Yet it did not. 
I received a call that same night from the hospital asking me if I could come in at 5am and if that was too early. I was willing to come in at any time. 
That night when we were putting Preslee to bed I felt horrible. I knew that the next time I would see her our new little one would be here and Preslee wouldn't be my only little girl anymore. I felt like I was betraying her in some way. I can't explain why it upset me. I was tired and full of so much anticipation and emotion. I called my sister Ashley and cried to her and she helped me feel better. She always does. Needless to say I hardly slept a wink that night,
Last Picture of me with Whit in my tummy.

I was started around 5:45 and prepared myself for another 30 hour labor like Preslee's. Yet this time I was smart and didn't wait 17 hours to finally get an epidural. I got it immediately after the y broke my water. My nurse Natalie was AMAZING. I told her that I tend to have long labors. She promised me that I would have my little girl by noon. 
Throughout my labor she would put me in various positions explaining to me that these positions would make the baby put weight on my uterus helping me dilate. It worked like a champ. Dr. Fowers came in around 11:30 to check on me and I was ready. Around 11:50 I started pushing and she came after 2.5 pushes at 11:54am. Less than 5.5 hours after I got to the hospital.  










First bath


Dad washed her hair and she loved it. she calmed right down.


Our family

Whitney and mom taking a nap waiting to be discharged


Preslee was very curious about little Whit. She just wanted to sit and look at her. She is learning to be soft with Whitney. She has her good days and her bad but it will come. She has come along way already.

My sister came to visit the weekend after Whitney was born. Preslee loves her Aunt Ashley so much. And I know Whitney will too. She was named after her after all. It was so good to see my sister. She was such a big help for me. Around the house and emotionally. She is so easy going about things and I want to be more like her. When I have babies I seemed to get uptight about silly things (like crying and sleeping schedules) and she helps me put things into perspective.

 We Love our new little one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



















4 comments:

  1. Man, I want your nurse!! If anybody can help me get my labor to under 11 hours, I'm sold. (11 was my shortest one, BTW!)

    Congrats on Miss Whitney. She's beautiful, and looks just like Pres! I love the picture of her little pout. I can't wait to meet her, but will wait until we're not all sick anymore. Hopefully soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and it makes me so happy to see you using the blanket I made for you! :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful Keira! I'm so glad this was a better experience for you. I prayed so hard that my second would be a better experience than my first. The Lord knows:) I'm sorry our phone call was cut short the other day, but I've been thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. Two has been a big transition for me but you are such a wonderful Mom, you will do amazing. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you finally blogged. Your girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete