Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Doo Waps of Prelsee's new room.

Aug 29th 2012
We are putting Preslee in our larger front room bedroom. I am so excited. I love changing the house around and decorating it. So I have been dreaming of what I wanted to do to Preslee's new room. And I think it is coming together together nicely. I wanted to share what we have done so far.
Step one:
Plan how much supplies you will need and make a trip to Home Depot.
Make sure you take a ride on the cart.
Step Two:

Calculate where each piece of trim will need to be cut.


Step Three: Hang Trim and shelf


I love the corner shelf. Matt did such a great job.

Preslee did a good job too of marking the boards.
Step Four, Five, and Six
 Prime Shelf and Wall....
We Primed the wall even though we didn't need to because we have a lot of left over prime from when we painted our house and not a ton of the swiss coffee that is the color of our trim. So we primed so we wouldn't have to use as much swiss coffee to cover the original color. Anyway......

Measure and Mark 8" stripes. 
I know that I am showing this picture again. I painted in my 8" marks with a flat color

 Then taped. After about 8 hours of letting the flat dry.

 Then painted in my gloss.
Keep in mind that the bottomed is just primed. It will be a much warmer white.
The walls are almost finished!!!!!!!
Here is a before of the room:
Give or take a few decorations and changes.




No comments:

Post a Comment