Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Coloring the driveway

I struggle with wanting to be everything for Preslee. I worry that I am not teaching her enough. I worry that I am not making enough good experiences for her. I worry that she is not having enough fun just being a kid. I worry about everything. All that she does is up to me and so I am always trying to think of activities that we can do together. Today I decided to see if she liked playing with sidewalk chalk. I wasn't sure if she would just try to eat it or if she would give it a go and color. She has been copying me a lot on what she sees me do so I thought she just may color after watching me and she did.
Granted there was some eating of the chalk. I asked her to stop and she did..... for a time anyway. Something she did do was put the chalk away back in its container. I would get a few pieces out and color and she would color a little too, then she was sure to put the chalk back. 
The Picture above is Preslee Putting the chalk in its container.

Some of our art.


Our Porch also received a dash of color today too. We had fun. Now I need to come up with a fun activity for a 15 month old tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Kiera, I don't know if you ever read them, but I put a ton of activities that Leilani and I did when she was this age on my blog. If you go to it, click on "toddler activities" on the label bar:) I loved this stage!!

    ReplyDelete