Monday, July 30, 2012

The River and The Little Mess... I mean Miss.

Today was an action packed day for me. And it wasn't even that action packed to all those non preggers out there. Bur for me it was.
I woke up today with an itch to paint something in our house. Not a piece of furniture but a wall. I wanted to change something. I have three very plain bathrooms and our 1/2 bath downstairs in so so u-g-l-y it aint got no alibi. That is how bad it is. Yep I just old schooled it there for a sec. I wanted to do something to my bathrooms but couldn't think of a color that I wanted to do any of them so I decided to glaze my wall in my room. Something that I have been wanting to do for a time too. I have a lot of projects I need to work on before babe #2 gets here. We find out tomorrow what we are having BTY. I will keep you posted. No pun intended.
So I put Preslee down for her first nap, mixed clear glaze with a little black and gold paint, and got to work. Now that last sentence made it sound like a piece of cake. Well it was not. I worked on it for about 3 hours and decided that glazing is not that fun. Especially when I am doing it on my own. Lonesome me. And it was hard to get it to blend right. And I most surely had its problem areas that made me want to quit. Well it didn't, and I did it all within a nap time (granted it was a long nap).
I am happy with how it turned out. I could barely get it to the ceiling so that is the only part that I am not ok with. I'll have Matt do some touch up work.
Whew, that is over with.
THEN, Preslee and I ate... of course... then we went to 3rd Dam to meat up with some of our friends. Preslee seemed fearless of the water which made me a little fearful. I kept close to her and there were a few times that I was glad I did. One time she fell into the water and went under completely. I grabbed her immediately. She didn't seem scared or upset. And she soon went back for more. I was so surprised that she wasn't freezing in the water. I was in there with her and my feet were hurting but it did not seem to bother her in the least bit.


loved throwing rocks



 You will notice my large (and getting larger) belly

And the most exhausting part of my day was dinner. I think that I was just drained from all of the scury of the day. Here you can see why:
She is so good at putting things away
Trying on mom's shoes

The best part of the day is when daddad comes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment