Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pioneer day


I truly loved today. Matt was with us all day and in didn't seem like work was always at the back of his mind. It is pioneer day. I just love July it has such great holidays and get togethers.
We went to the 24th of July Parade in Logan and it was not anything special. I have seen a lot more exciting parades in my time but it was the feeling that I had that made it so fun and special for me. Preslee was so mesmerized by it all and she was so much fun to watch. I think that that is what made it so fun and special for me. She is too young to collect candy but some people threw it right at us so we got a little and she enjoyed eating some.

I also finished Grandpa Brown's present that he gave Preslee for Christmas. He made her a little rocking chair, something he has done for all of his grand kids. It has taken me 6 months+ to decide how to pain it. I finally decided and it ended up like this:
I was not awake yet this morning when Preslee woke up, which is not uncommon, but Matt got her out of bed, changed her diaper, and let her loose to play. He said that she went immediately to her chair (It was the first time that he had seen it because I had finished it late last night) and sat down in it and just enjoyed it.
I am glad that she like it so much. 
I felt that I had added too many polka dots to it and that I got a little carried away. But Matt assured me that it looked great. I glazed it a little to tone it down and to give it a little rugged look. I like how it turned out. Whether or not I keep it in our loft upstairs or put it in her future room, which will be in our front bedroom, it will match. You know me, I care about that stuff.

Tonight as we were reading scriptures together as a family. We allowed Preslee to sit in her little chair rather than sit on one of our laps. I think she saw me reading out of a book so she got up and went and got one of her books and brought it too her chair. She then went and got another. She grabbed her sippy and sat down on her chair. She opened her books and began to babble. I  loved it. She wanted to be like her mommy and enjoy her new chair. I grabbed some pictures:





1 comment:

  1. So cute Kiera!!! I'm glad you are blogging now:) I love the chair - and Presley is adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete